We all know that Downtown, Nashville is where the boot scootin, mechanical bull ridin, karaoke singin and good times are happening, and being so, it makes it prime real estate for the hotels to jack up the prices for their rooms. A lot of you are being smart and avoiding these high cost hotels and investing your hard earned cash into AirBnb's for the weekend. We think that's a great idea, but we do come across a lot of Bachelorette groups that find themselves in some "not so classy" areas.
Here is our opinion of great areas to stay, which still give you close access to downtown and surrounding areas. I have marked the maps with Green (Good), Yellow (Ok) and Red (Use as a last resort) squares to give you an idea on what to avoid and whats good. All places we list are within a 5 - 15 min Uber/Lyft ride.
1) 12 South - For local residents, its an expensive area and may come at a ''higher price per night'' tag for you, but its well worth it, as it has a lot less crime rate than other areas in Nashville.
- Restaurants: Bar Taco, Edleys BBQ, Josephines and Burger Up.
- Coffee shops and Bakeries such as: Frothy Monkey, Five Daughters and Sprinkles Cupcakes.
- Boutique stores such as: Vinnie Louise, Emerson Grace and Draper James.
12 South should be high on your list for accommodation for your Bachelorette group. An Uber to Downtown will cost approx $10-$15.
2) Germantown - 5 years ago, you would not walk alone in this area, but developers have turned this area into a gold mine. Germantown has lots of great restaurants/brunch spots, indulgences and coffee shops.
- Restaurants: Silo, Monells and 5th and Taylor.
- Brunch or Breakfast Spots: Steadfast Coffee, Barista Parlor, Red Bicycle and Germantown Cafe
- Indulgence: Tempered Cafe and Chocolate, Christie's Cookies and The Back Corner
Germantown is super close to downtown. You can either take an uber which would cost around $5 or if your group was feeling energetic, you could all walk in (approx 20-30 min walk)
3) Midtown/West End - This another fine area to be in, as its home to the Vanderbilt University. There are plenty of restaurants, bars, parks and nightlife to choose from.
- Restaurants - Americano Tapas, Slider House, Hattie B's and Desano's Pizza Bakery
- Bars - Winners, Losers, Blue Bar, Red Door, Rebar, Corner Pub and Broadway Brew House
- Brunch Spots - Tavern, Le Sel and Mason's
Midtown is only short drive to Downtown ($5 - $10 Uber ride)or a long walk if you are up for it.
4) The Nations and Sylvan Park - Like Germantown, the Nations area wasn't the greatest a few years back, but it is like the whole area was flipped over night into what we Nashvillian's call "Tall and Skinny" homes. Sylvan Park on the other hand, is a great area and always has been. Its growing with more and more popularity with people moving here and updating their homes and also a lot of Bars and Restaurants are moving into the area too.
- Restaurants - Hattie B's, Edleys, Local Taco, Park Cafe and Miel's
- Coffee Shops/Breakfast - Headquarters Coffee, Star Bagel Cafe and Dose Coffee
In summary, these two areas of Nashville are a good places to set your group up in, with close proximity to lots of restaurants and bars and only a $10 - $15 uber ride to Downtown.
5) East Nashville - We have a lot of groups staying in East Nashville, which is perfectly fine but there are some pockets that are not as great as others. East Nashville boasts lots of great restaurants, bars, shopping, brunch and indulgences.
- Restaurants - Eastland Cafe, Two Ten Jack, Rumours East, Butcher and Bee, Burger Up and Lockeland Table
- Brunch Spots - Margot's, Marche and Dose Cafe
- Shopping - The Hip Zipper, Lucaya and The Trunk
- Bars - 308, Red Door, Holland House, Duke's and Vinyl Tap
- Indulgences - Jeni's Ice Cream and Five Daughters Bakery
- Coffee Shops - Ugly Mugs, Portland Brew, Barista Parlor and Bongo Java
East Nashville is very close to downtown. An Uber ride would be and where between $5-$15 depending on how deep in East Nashville you are staying. All in all, East Nashville is great! I live in this area and absolutely love it.
So to summarize it all for you, we have picked out what we believe is to be the best spots for your groups accommodation for AirBnb's. We work with some great home owners and businesses that provide AirBnb's so if you would like a list or some recommendations please comment below and i will be happy to share their info with you.
Please also remember that this is article is based on our opinion and is to be used as an advisory.